Precipice: The Literary Anthology of Write on Edge, Volume III is now available for pre-order.Storytellers took this year’s theme of Boundaries to heart, exploring the lines drawn by law, the universe, and human nature. With short stories, memoir, and poetry, Precipice, Volume III is a collection you won’t want to miss. Order your copy today!
2014 will mark the third year of collaboration between Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books: Precipice, our literary anthology, is turning three!
To celebrate, we are co-hosting a flash-writing contest with Write on Edge! From the entry pool, two pieces will be chosen for inclusion in Precipice, Volume 3, one chosen by the community, one by the editors. We will announce the theme for this year’s collection along with the winners on Monday, March 3.
From today until Friday, February 21, you can link your entry (just like you do for our writing prompts) in the Linky below. From Saturday, February 22-Friday, February 28, community voting will be open via the linky.
“It takes two to make an accident.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- 1000 word limit, all genres of creative writing are welcome.
- linky is open until Friday, February 21, at 11:55pm Pacific
- Use the F. Scott Fitzgerald quote above as an opening/closing line or draw inspiration from it, your choice.
- Community voting opens 2/22 and closes 2/28 at 11:55pm Pacific.
- Community and editorial choice winners will be announced on Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books on Monday, March 3, 2014.
- All entries must be original work, only published on your personal blog/website, and by entering you give Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books permission to reprint your entry in Precipice, Volume III‘s print and digital formats, as well as permission to edit for grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Have fun!
We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!
Bannerwing Books is bringing another title on board!
We are partnering with Write on Edge to publish Precipice: The Literary Anthology of Write on Edge.
Precipice will be released October 30 in paperback and for Kindle via Amazon.com.