Bannerwing Books has much to celebrate. Our editor-in-chief, Cameron D. Garriepy, celebrates a birthday today, and Bannerwing Books is thrilled to welcome Damselfly Inn into our catalog on this special day!
Damselfly Inn is the first novel in Garriepy’s Thornton Vermont series, and you are going to adore the town — and the cast of characters coming and going through the Damselfly Inn — from the moment you begin reading.
You may recognize Thornton Vermont from Garriepy’s From the Earth to the Moon or from Foolish Things, two short works of fiction set in the charming town.
Visit Cameron D. Garriepy for more information about Damselfly Inn — like where Garriepy will be holding live reading events or how you can purchase a signed copy of the novel.
Happy birthday, Cameron, and happy book-day, Damselfly Inn! The Bannerwing Books virtual office is abuzz with happiness today, and we know readers will be thrilled with your words.
2014 will mark the third year of collaboration between Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books: Precipice, our literary anthology, is turning three!
To celebrate, we are co-hosting a flash-writing contest with Write on Edge! From the entry pool, two pieces will be chosen for inclusion in Precipice, Volume 3, one chosen by the community, one by the editors. We will announce the theme for this year’s collection along with the winners on Monday, March 3.
From today until Friday, February 21, you can link your entry (just like you do for our writing prompts) in the Linky below. From Saturday, February 22-Friday, February 28, community voting will be open via the linky.
“It takes two to make an accident.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- 1000 word limit, all genres of creative writing are welcome.
- linky is open until Friday, February 21, at 11:55pm Pacific
- Use the F. Scott Fitzgerald quote above as an opening/closing line or draw inspiration from it, your choice.
- Community voting opens 2/22 and closes 2/28 at 11:55pm Pacific.
- Community and editorial choice winners will be announced on Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books on Monday, March 3, 2014.
- All entries must be original work, only published on your personal blog/website, and by entering you give Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books permission to reprint your entry in Precipice, Volume III‘s print and digital formats, as well as permission to edit for grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Have fun!
We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!