Write on Edge is the community that forged the partnership at the heart of this venture, and the writers there will always hold a special place in Bannerwing’s heart. This year, to mark the third volume of Write on Edge’s literary anthology, Precipice, we co-hosted a writing contest, based on the F. Scott Fitzgerald quote, “It takes two to make an accident.”
The community was asked to vote for one entry to be included in Precipice, and the editors have chosen one as well. These writers brought their best to the table, and we thank them for their sharing their work with us. We’re looking forward to reading your submissions to this year’s anthology!
Now, on to the celebrating!
The Winners of the “It Takes Two” Writing Contest, whose entries will be included in Precipice, Volume 3.
Congratulations to Ashley Kagaoan: her entry, “Words We Never Say“, is our community winner!
The Editor’s Choice spot goes to Valerie Boersma, The Word Pirate, for her piece “Fool For Love.”
And now, the details on Precipice, Volume 3!
This year, the theme is Boundaries. Submissions will open on April 1 and run through May 31st. We expect, as with the last two volumes, to publish in October. For details on submission formatting, check out the Our Literary Anthology tab on Write on Edge.
2014 will mark the third year of collaboration between Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books: Precipice, our literary anthology, is turning three!
To celebrate, we are co-hosting a flash-writing contest with Write on Edge! From the entry pool, two pieces will be chosen for inclusion in Precipice, Volume 3, one chosen by the community, one by the editors. We will announce the theme for this year’s collection along with the winners on Monday, March 3.
From today until Friday, February 21, you can link your entry (just like you do for our writing prompts) in the Linky below. From Saturday, February 22-Friday, February 28, community voting will be open via the linky.
“It takes two to make an accident.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- 1000 word limit, all genres of creative writing are welcome.
- linky is open until Friday, February 21, at 11:55pm Pacific
- Use the F. Scott Fitzgerald quote above as an opening/closing line or draw inspiration from it, your choice.
- Community voting opens 2/22 and closes 2/28 at 11:55pm Pacific.
- Community and editorial choice winners will be announced on Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books on Monday, March 3, 2014.
- All entries must be original work, only published on your personal blog/website, and by entering you give Write on Edge and Bannerwing Books permission to reprint your entry in Precipice, Volume III‘s print and digital formats, as well as permission to edit for grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Have fun!
We can’t wait to see what you’ve got!